Congratulations! You’re getting a new roof! This is an exciting time but it can also be stressful. Major construction is about to be performed on your home, afterall. Knowing what to expect goes a long way in alleviating concerns and helps you prepare.
Here’s what to expect:
- Marathon Roofing provides you with shingle samples to help you pick the right shingle and color for your home. See our Select the Best Roofing Materials page for more information.
- We then order supplies and determine the best date to begin installation, based on material availability, your schedule, and the weather forecast.
- Materials are delivered. Delivery will usually be in your driveway, or side yard, per your request.
- Before construction begins, we protect your landscaping and place a perimeter around your home with plywood and tarps.
- Construction begins! We tear off the old shingles and place them in a dumpster for disposal. We inspect for rotten or warped wood and replace as needed (if more than 4 sheets of plywood are needed, we will discuss with the homeowner) Finally, we install new synthetic underlayment, ice and water barrier, shingles, ventilation system, and all other components.
- After installation, we clean up debris, haul away the dumpster, and roll your yard with a magnetic roller to pick up any stray nails.
- Upon completion, the Marathon Roofing production manager will ensure the job was done well and that you are happy with it.